Orange and Peppermint Scones by IneffableBadger
- Homemade orange scones with peppermint clotted cream. Truly a demonic invention, reminiscent of drinking orange juice too soon after brushing your teeth.
- Made without measuring scales (guessing all ingredients by eye) and a zester (I used a peeler on the oranges) and without regard to technique (egg wash? never heard of it!)
- I not only actually put the peppermint extract in the cream when I could just of well have lied, but I tried these things when I didn't even NEED TO, which makes them even more demonic. After all what's more Crowley than suffering as a result of nefarious schemes? (See: Not being able to call Aziraphale because he shut down all the phone towers in London, etc).
- I also left a note encouraging my housemate to try some delicious fresh-baked scones and clotted cream with peppermint tea for breakfast. Unfortunately, she will be asleep beyond the deadline for this challenge, but I've at least done the 'tempting'.
- A video of the tasting can be found here: https://twitter.com/ineffablebadger/status/1452038417345286147?s=21