This panel is about how fanfiction impacts our overall thought process: How we connect to ourselves and each other through it,
how it helps us in times of crisis – and how especially fanfiction in the Good Omens fandom can be a force for good.
We will talk about:
– Finding solace in fanfiction while we are facing struggles and hardships
– The unique relationship between fanfic writers and their readers.
– The importance of tagging and understanding triggers
– Feeling represented in and learning more about your personal identity through fanfiction
– The psychological impact of fanfiction in other mediums: How art based on fanfic underscores meaning, how podfics can deepen our understanding.- Finding a sense of community through fanfiction
Please note: NSFW fanfiction will be mentioned, but there will be no explicit details.
You can find the articles referenced in this panel, and absolutely LOADS of useful and interesting links, in this Google Doc!